Friday, May 16, 2008

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY (oh, is that past!!!)

O.K. so I know I'm late. What else is new! First thank you, each of you for your blogs, gifts and cards. There is not much more a Mother loves than to know she is appreciated and loved. Again, I thank each of you.
Mothers Day (as most any day for me..) is such a day of reflection of the heart. So I thought I would write (this way you get it without the messy tears) a few of those down and maybe some things I've learned along the way. So please hang on as I put down my thoughts.
First, I remember how scary it was to become a mother. I spent so many nights awake wondering if I could do this great challange of mothering in the way the Lord would be pleased.
Lesson #1. You will never please everyone, and shouldn't even try. The way you "Mother" will be different for everyone. You are different and each child is different and needs to be treated as an individual. At the end of each day as long as you know what you did and how you did was o.k. with your father in heaven then what anyone else thinks doesn't matter.
There are so many stages of being a mom. I alway thought of it as going through the changes of becoming a butterfly. O.K. let me explain. You go along feeling everything is just fine and then all of a sudden you are in situations you never ever thought of!!! This seems to happen over and over again as kids grow up and life changes. At times you feel alone, lost, abandoned, cramped and all sorts of ugly feelings and you wonder why this was such a sought after calling (kind of like the catapiller in the cacoon.) And then all of the sudden the light comes on, you realize you have grown and learned and become something better. You can now spread your wings and fly for awhile. That is until the cacoon thing happens again, but soon you come to realize there are blessings in trial. ( I hope that made sence. I could explain further but that would bore you.)
Lesson #2. Blessings are not always just the good stuff. Blessings are what help us to reach our potential as daughters of God, (and that's usually the hard stuff!)
(I would never have come to have had the sweetest most memerable expericance in my life without the heartache,tears, fears and contant need for prayer both in my heart and on my knees. If life does not cause us to come to the lord then life has not fulfilled its purpose.)
Free agency, Ya know, the thing we fought so hard for. ( What were we thinking!!! J.K.) It's an o.k. thing until your kids start using it!! One of the hardest things I think is finding out your children have a mind of there own and now take what you have to say as mearly a suggestion. (But I'm the MOM, there suppost to listen and Do every thing I say, right!!,) Letting go and realizing you brought to earth not just a cute little baby but a real live person, an individual with the same right you have to eventually make choices of there own, even if you don't agree with them.
Lesson #3. Love, Love, Love.
I remember at times feelings of being such a failure. That in all I had done and given it just wasn't enough and then to go back and think of my mistakes as a mother, Whew, I was just sure anything my kids did wrong was my fault. What a heavy burden. DON'T DO THAT!!! Remember even the great prophets and even current great leaders of the church who lost there children to the world. Remember in the heaven before we came even in the very presents of our loving father in heaven, 1/3 of our brothers and sisters left and choose that other than what they had been taught. It's called Free Agency. We all have it. If nothing else choose to love. With my own kids I know the greatest thing I could have them do is to love each other. Hence I so understand the lords commandment, "Love one Another as I have loved you" PLEASE.
Lesson #4. (I'm almost done. Well, I could go on and on but I'll quit here soon!)Listen to the promptings of your own heart. (After all you are the Mother!)
You will find many people will tell you how to raise your kids, when to let them go, what you should be doing. Sometimes there can be a conflict within yourself of what you feel you should do and what you are being told by others. It's great to seek councel and advice but in the end only you have the stewardship of being the MOM so use that stewardship to make your decessions. There are kids right now who I truely feel I would have lost completly if I would have listened to the outside. I had to listen to what my heart was saying. You know your children better than anyone else. Love them, Love them, Love them- even when it hurts!!! This truely is one eternal round. The Lord wants each of us back home. He will give all of us the needed experiances to get there and sometimes to let our children go and watch as they experiance life can be the most heart wrentching thing but I truely believe If they have been taught, it will all come back. In this life or the next. Remember It doesn't all have to be perfect when we leave this life, we just have to be working on it..
I Love you Mothers so much (Corina, Tiffany, Loni and Jillian) I respect the difficulties of Motherhood and take Joy in the fact that I know it is the Greatest experiance you will ever know. You are all doing wonderful and I want you to know we are so proud of you. We have the very best of Grandchildren.
One more thing!!!!
For Mothers day, since none of you were here.
I thought we'd celebrate together this year.
So can you all be here on Thursday, the 29th of May.
I'd like to make it a special day.
For the five of us (that's 2 more than a trio),
I thought we'd have lunch at Cafe' Rio.
Then to relax and soak our feet ,
a Pedicure it thought would be neat.
Please let ne know if this works for you.
If it will be o.k., I've got some scheduleing to do.
Get back to me soon as you can.
I'll let each of you know just what will be the plan.
Hope you all had a great mothers day,
Love, Mom (nants)



5 comments:

*/ Jillian said...

This was so great! I loved the advise. It's good to know that I'm not the only unperfect mom, cause it is hard work! The 29th sounds great! Cant wait to see everyone! Love ya!

Us said...

thanks mom it always helps to get some great advice from your mom. if you think you dont have anything to put on your blog some more of that every once in a while would be great. and i cant wait for the 29th sounds way fun. i love you.

Ginocchio Family said...

Count me in!! Thanks for the great advice, I told you that you always know what to say! I love you!
Tiff

Loni said...

I finally had a few free minutes to read it. I wanted to be able to read it when the kids were quiet and no one was here. I always love hearing what you have to say, like I said before, you need a weekly advice/thoughts column!! I am not sure about the 29th..... I would LOVE LOVE to do it, but Ben is out of town so my kids would be with me?!

Loni said...

where did you go? i keep checking for new posts?